[Robotics] links and components

Nicolas Lassabe Nicolas.Lassabe at onera.fr
Thu Oct 22 11:04:20 CEST 2009

Hello,

   I try to build a scene in Blender composed of different components
.blend (controllers, sensors ...).  When I add the components by link,
this is nice because if I update my components, my scence will be update
also, but the problem is my components are in read-only in the scene, so
I cannot attach them to a parent (ex : controller to a robot).
A solution is to append the components to the scene but If I update my
components this will not update my scene, it is a real problem when you
develop and want to test and debug your components together. The risk is
also to change a component in the scene and to have different versions
of your component.

So there is a way to link a component to a parent ?

Cheers,
Nicolas