[Robotics] Blender 2.49 Game Engine crashes

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:38:26 CEST 2009

Normally the best thing to do when you have a blender crash is to
identify if its a OpenGL driver problem or not.

With the tar.bz2 downloaded from blender.org you can start blender
with Mesa software OpenGL which wont use hardware acceleration and is
goodf for testing, You can start blender player with this command from
a terminal...

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib  blenderplayer  ~/someBlend.blend

If this works without crashing then its likely a graphics card/driver
bug. NVidia's generally work best with blender I find, ATI and Intel
are more problematic on linux.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Boris Duran<boris at yodir.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm testing Blender 2.49 on a new laptop (HP EliteBook 8530p) Ubuntu
> Jaunty 9.04. I'm planing on using YARP also for my robotic projects. I
> thought Blender would work better under linux than under windows but the
> performance is really bad in linux. The connection between YARP, Python
> and Blender is working well but when I want to come back from the Game
> Engine it Blender crashes completely. No errors reported in any console,
> nothing, NADA!!!
> Any ideas? Help!!!
>
> Boris

- Campbell