[Robotics] IK Armature Chains in GameEngine?

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Wed Jun 3 17:40:08 CEST 2009

That's correct: the IK solver uses the Blender's object position to
solve the chain, but this position is not changed during the GE session
(GE converts blender object to GE object). That's why you must go
through an action that moves one target bone of the armature itself.
It's possible that you can change the bone position by Python but I
don't know.
You can do something a bit tricky: create 3 actions that only drive one
coordinate of the target bone: X, Y, Z. Make these actions strictly
linear (1 frame = 1 meter + linear extension) and bind them to
properties in the GE. Now you can control the bone in x,y,z by
activating the 3 actions at the same time (same priority and no
blending) and writing to the 3 properties the coordinates you would like
to put the target.
I didn't test but I think it can work.