[Robotics] IK Chain Joints ?

Florian Lier blender at icram.de
Mon Jul 13 22:03:13 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I need some help concerning an IK Chain and "hinge" Joints.
I've moddeled a robot arm which has an ik solver at its ik-chain top.
The bones are limited (XYZ) to the appropriate DoF of the joints.
I can get the poseMatrix of each bone, no problem so far...BUT
the poseMatrix of each bone is a summation of its parents and the bone
LOC/ROT/SIZE of itself.
What I need is the angle (Quat/Matrix .. whatever) between one bone of
the chain
and its direct parent (like "real" joints which have one DoF). I
couldn't figure out how to compute
this correlation. Is there any approach?

If you need an impresion of the arm have a look at this:
http://vimeo.com/5503690

I've also tried the localMatrix...

THANK YOU...

Florian