[Orange-tech] twisted on xseed?

Prof. Mark Alan Matties mmatties at cs.bowiestate.edu
Mon Feb 13 18:47:52 CET 2006

Toni Alatalo wrote:

>On Monday 13 February 2006 17:19, Prof. Mark Alan Matties wrote:
>

>>I'll see about getting twisted installed today.
>>

>that might come now actually necessary - am right now looking into the twisted
>ssh lib to implement a job starter thing that logs onto every node with ssh
>and runs the job as if it was run in an interactive ssh session..

I'm trying to install it now. Both darwin ports and fink sites seem to
be slow or unreachable. My ISP may be having trouble. I will keep at it,
though.

Regards,
Mark

> [...]
>
>---<successful run, not rendering>---
>ssh 10.224.10.77 DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/nfs/xseed2/homes/orange"
>blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
>elephant/production/04_typewriter/04_01.blend
>enter background mode
>signalled escape
>font register
>def material
>before start python
>Using Python version 2.3
>after start python
>before post python
>after post python
>before read file
>read_libraries: lib //../lib/machine/typewriter/platform1.blend
>read_libraries: lib //../lib/proog/walkingstick.blend
>before sound init
>after sound init
>Blender quit
>---<end>----
>
>then with the -f flag to render a single frame, nothing seems to happen:
>---<a hanging job>---
>xseed1:~/testbin orange$ ssh 10.224.10.77
>DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/nfs/xseed2/homes/orange"
>blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
>elephant/production/04_typewriter/04_01.blend -f 70
>---<end>---
>
>.. just hangs. but in an interactive ssh it works. i wonder if this can be
>something about how Blender uses stdout  .. but these are just printfs()!
>
>---<successfull rendering in an interactive ssh session>---
>xseed1:~/testbin orange$ ssh 10.224.10.77
>Welcome to Darwin!
>node77:~ orange$ DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/nfs/xseed2/homes/orange"
>blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
>elephant/production/04_typewriter/04_01.blend -f 70
>enter background mode
>signalled escape
>font register
>def material
>before start python
>Using Python version 2.3
>after start python
>before post python
>after post python
>before read file
>read_libraries: lib //../lib/machine/typewriter/platform1.blend
>read_libraries: lib //../lib/proog/walkingstick.blend
>before sound init
>after sound init
>-f frame render scene 0x31adc20
>creating speed vectors
>---<end>---
>
>.. so now am trying to make a twisted thing that would do what that manual run
>does, but of course just getting pdsh work again / ssh remote commanding work
>would be good, but now idea where the prob is.
>

>>Mark
>>

>~Toni
>

>>Toni Alatalo wrote:

>>>the problem is in pdsh.
>>>
>>>for some very strange reason it manages to run blender, but not actually
>>>render - when rendering, it does not even initialize. worked earlier.
>>>
>>>if it does not start working now i try to make a workaround where just use
>>>ssh to run blender on the nodes (probably quite easy to changes the

Mark Alan Matties, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Director - BSU Xseed Supercomputer
Program Coordinator - B.S. in Computer Technology

mmatties at cs.bowiestate.edu
(301) 860 3974 (vox)
(301) 860 3979 (fax)

Snail Mail: