[Orange-tech] twisted on xseed?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Mon Feb 13 17:40:37 CET 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 17:19, Prof. Mark Alan Matties wrote:
> I'll see about getting twisted installed today.

that might come now actually necessary - am right now looking into the twisted
ssh lib to implement a job starter thing that logs onto every node with ssh
and runs the job as if it was run in an interactive ssh session..

> Can you try again and let me know if you can render?

not with a remote command. starting blender and loading the data works:

---<successful run, not rendering>---
ssh 10.224.10.77 DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/nfs/xseed2/homes/orange"
blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
elephant/production/04_typewriter/04_01.blend
enter background mode
signalled escape
font register
def material
before start python
Using Python version 2.3
after start python
before post python
after post python
before read file
read_libraries: lib //../lib/machine/typewriter/platform1.blend
read_libraries: lib //../lib/proog/walkingstick.blend
before sound init
after sound init
Blender quit
---<end>----

then with the -f flag to render a single frame, nothing seems to happen:
---<a hanging job>---
xseed1:~/testbin orange$ ssh 10.224.10.77
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/nfs/xseed2/homes/orange"
blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
elephant/production/04_typewriter/04_01.blend -f 70
---<end>---

.. just hangs. but in an interactive ssh it works. i wonder if this can be
something about how Blender uses stdout  .. but these are just printfs()!

---<successfull rendering in an interactive ssh session>---
xseed1:~/testbin orange$ ssh 10.224.10.77
Welcome to Darwin!
node77:~ orange$ DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/nfs/xseed2/homes/orange"
blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender -b
elephant/production/04_typewriter/04_01.blend -f 70
enter background mode
signalled escape
font register
def material
before start python
Using Python version 2.3
after start python
before post python
after post python
before read file
read_libraries: lib //../lib/machine/typewriter/platform1.blend
read_libraries: lib //../lib/proog/walkingstick.blend
before sound init
after sound init
-f frame render scene 0x31adc20
creating speed vectors

.. so now am trying to make a twisted thing that would do what that manual run
does, but of course just getting pdsh work again / ssh remote commanding work
would be good, but now idea where the prob is.

> Mark

~Toni