[Orange-tech] possible to use more nodes the coming week(s)?

Prof. Mark Alan Matties mmatties at cs.bowiestate.edu
Sat Feb 11 00:17:52 CET 2006

Hi Toni,

Absolutely you can run on more nodes. I'll set it up later tomorrow. We
have an event tonight for the Xseed (I'll be mentioning you all) and a
conference tomorrow.

Regards,
mark

Toni Alatalo wrote:

>hi again Mark,
>
>we have successfully rendered some final shots now, and are pushing a full
>scene to a final now - and more right after it. freel free to take a look in
>orange/renderout at will :)
>
>you have mentioned the possibility to have more nodes - well, now is the time
>we could use them. i have to say the farm is really fast, we get the previews
>now almost immediately.. but there are very many jobs on the way and also it
>seems that some jobs can be very heavy,
>
>so could we easily have more nodes for a while soon? 60 would be loads :) we
>can manage without but would not hurt..
>
>~Toni
>
>btw: we are using drqueue locally here at the studio for tests but manage the
>farm now without with some py tools i made and pdsh

Mark Alan Matties, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Director - BSU Xseed Supercomputer
Program Coordinator - B.S. in Computer Technology

mmatties at cs.bowiestate.edu
(301) 860 3974 (vox)
(301) 860 3979 (fax)

Snail Mail: