[Orange-tech] Re: XSeed Cluster for Blender project

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Dec 15 21:53:22 CET 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 02:33, Dr. Mark Matties wrote:
> so. However, the account is ready. Right now, you have no quota in your

great, seems to work perfectly!

> I don't know why, but GTK+2 was a bear to install. However, it's now
> working and I was able to successfully compile drqueue.

oh, yes gtk is not the most crossplatform of libs.. sorry to hear it was
troublesome

> For security reasons, compute nodes do not NFS mount the main storage,
> so you'll have to copy (scp) any code over to your (local) home dir on
> the compute nodes.

hm. afaik drqueue is made to work with shared folders, i hope there is some
way we can use without that possibility

is there no place that the nodes can just save the rendered images?

> of nodes with one command. For example, to run the date command on all
> your available nodes from the head node (xseed1), the syntax is
> xseed1% /opt/pdsh/bin/pdsh -w 10.224.10.\[41-60\] date

that was great fun, thanks for the hint :)

> Thanks for your patience.

no prob. - we are still in time,
am really looking forward to the first tests soon now!

> Mark

~Toni