[Orange-tech] Re: XSeed Cluster for Blender project

Dr. Mark Matties mmatties at fullyconnected.net
Thu Dec 15 02:33:21 CET 2005

Hi Toni,

Sorry for the delay. I've been doing a massive reconfig the last week or
so. However, the account is ready. Right now, you have no quota in your
home directory on xseed1.

I don't know why, but GTK+2 was a bear to install. However, it's now
working and I was able to successfully compile drqueue.

For security reasons, compute nodes do not NFS mount the main storage,
so you'll have to copy (scp) any code over to your (local) home dir on
the compute nodes.

login is         orange
password is      toni1337     (that's a numeral one, not the letter l)

to login to the head node (xseed1)
%ssh -p 4022 131.118.189.2

You have access to 20 nodes (40 CPUs) at the moment through
"passwordless ssh" from the head node.
The addresses are 10.224.10.41 - 10.224.10.60 (inclusive).

Parallel distributed shell is available to push commands out to a number
of nodes with one command. For example, to run the date command on all
your available nodes from the head node (xseed1), the syntax is

xseed1% /opt/pdsh/bin/pdsh -w 10.224.10.\[41-60\] date

Let me know if/when you need more CPUs and anything else you find you
need along the way.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Mark