[Openexr] Who will maintain?

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Tue Aug 9 02:44:43 CEST 2005

> Hej !
>
> > Who is going to maintain OpenEXR after it is committed to the main CVS?
> > I know that I don't have cvs commit rights.
> That is a good question that needs to be resolved before we go into main
> CVS.
>
> Kent has CVS access, and I guess we others can get it eventually, too, if
> we prove that we can generate stable code ;)

Just to add to this I'm currently the maintainer of all of the other file
formats as well so will probably be me.  I'm always open to other people
helping out though.  I'd gladly defer to someone else if they want to
take it over offically/unoffically etc...

This is a good time to bring this up probably as well.

I have some code someone emailed me that gives blender radiance_hdr support.
It's currently using the old buffer support and converting it to floats.
But easy enough to convert to the same method as openexr.  Do you guys
think I should merge it with our current stuff?

The other option would be to grab the stuff from our svn that it needs
and commit it separately.

Any opinions?

Kent