[Bsod-mentors] Blender Summer of Documentation

Tim Wakeham tim.wakeham at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 16:03:55 CEST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to congratulate you all on submitting a proposal for the
inagural Blender Summer of Documentation (or Winter as it sure as hell is
here :).  We received 24 applications for this program, of which 10 will be
selected for participation.  As proposals have now officially closed, we
will begin the ranking process, and let me assure you all that it will be no
easy task.

In a program like this, only people who are actually interested apply, thus
the quality of submitted proposals was very high, with none being
automatically disqualified, thus we have a field of entries that are
extremely difficult to judge apart.  What makes this process even harder is
that we are often comparing apples and oranges, given the vast range of
topics the proposals cover, a few of which are topics we hadn't even
considered!  This means we will be looking at proposals which best fit the
guidelines as published on the Blender.org forums, and which we believe will
produce the most desirable outcomes.

Regardless of whether or not your proposal is selected, you have all done a
fantastic job, and I only wish that I could give out 24 grants, rather than
10, but alas :)

Thank-you all for applying, and good luck.  We will be in touch over the
coming week as the accepted proposals are finalised.

-Tim and the BSoD Mentor Team