[Bsod-mentors] BSoD proposal

otothecleaner otothecleaner at free.fr
Fri Jun 9 15:59:29 CEST 2006

Hello, my name is oto and here's my submission to the BSoD

a)

My proposal it's a  Game Engine tutorial one.
I'll write about how to do a complete game/interactive content with Blender.

b)

It'll be a new version of my old Little OTO tutorial viewable at this website
page:

http://otothecleaner.free.fr/tutorials/LittleOTO/littleoto1/otolittle1.html

I'll explain in detail, how the Blender Game Engine works, and how to add
content to it, in a suitable way for new users and beginners.

Topics covered:

Creation/modeling of a low-polygon count character. This will cover, new
tools, like the "Cut" menus and some modifiers functions.
How to use the UV Editor, how to apply textures to the character, and some
tips on how to work with The Gimp.
Animation basics - Armatures, rigging, basic movements, and how to use them in
the Game Engine
Creation/modeling of a basic level/world - tips on how to texture it, add
light and make it functional in the Game Engine
Description of some Blender Game Engine basics ( camera view/player, normals,
properties, ....)
How to add Interactivity/Logic to the newly created scene/world ( 2d
interface, collisions, score, text...)

c)

Bellow are some statistics of the old tutorial:
paragraphs-1128
words-6000
I guess that the new one will probably double the values.

The result will be a complete and playable game .blend file, with a
starting/credits screen, a game scene with  an environment and score, and, at
least, a character, and a game over screen.

d)

I'm oto the cleaner, working with Blender ( and Linux) since the 1.68 version.
Some of my work can be seen here:

http://otothecleaner.free.fr/tutorials/tutorials.html
http://otothecleaner.free.fr/Works/works.html

I like to help and share.