[Bsod-mentors] Re: Bsod-mentors Digest, Vol 2, Issue 4

info at macouno.com info at macouno.com
Fri Jun 2 14:43:24 CEST 2006

Hello guys... I've been very busy with work but have a few days to myself now.

Richard DuPertuis (writing/render engine):

It appears he indeed wants to aid other people in writing in correct english though he
might be open to suggestions from our side. What worries me is his apparent lack of
experience in blender itself. I think he's perhaps more interested in being included in
the "mentors" than writing himself? I don't really know what we're supposed to do
about him... Asking for more clarification as Tim suggests I think is a good idea.

Timothy Baldridge (python proposal):

You know... I think if everyone just ignores the christian angle of the attached
document and the quotes he has as an apparent "signature" in his e-mail program...
we can probably all agree that it is quite a sound and well thought out proposal. I
think probably the best we've seen so far. My big worry though is that I think I
understood that Python would not be covered by the SoD??? I do believe that was
an understanding between Ton and Tim? If I am wrong I think this is a proposal that
definitely should be considered.

Pekka Jylh?- Ollila (game engine/particles/textures).

A nice idea, though the 3 topics he suggests appear disconnected. I would suggest
to him to pick one subject and submit a proper proposal, with a small example.
There's very little we can do with what he's given us so far.

Ok I'll leave it at that for now
Dolf