[Blend2cs-user] Examples

Frank W. Samuelson blend2cs-user@blender.org
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 05:24:23 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Thomas Degris wrote:

> I converted successfully question.blend and cityrun.blend but I had the
> problem that textures were not extracted from the Blender file. I wonder
> if it has been fixed. If not, maybe a python plugin approach would be
> better for blend2cs.

Perhaps.  When this project was started blender python plugin support was
absent in certain areas (mainly in armatures and animations).  Since that
time, however, 2 things have happened:
1. blender python plugin support has become more complete.
2. Someone wrote a blender->cal3d python converter and cal3d has become well
supported in CS.

Writing a python script is how previous blender->CS converters were done, none
of them were very complete or functioning when this blend2cs was written.
But if you want to construct a python plugin I'll throw it into the CVS,
and see if we can drum up some people to help you write it.

The CVS should be completely fixed soon, BTW.

-Frank