[Bf-webcontent] Support-page and demo files, proposed changes

AgentSam agentsam.blender-lists at aivomedia.com
Fri Apr 14 14:51:10 CEST 2017

    Interestingly, based on such an argument, the blend-files
    intended for regression testing, should be located somewhere
    in the "Development" section of the website, at:
    https://www.blender.org/get-involved/developers/

    But they are not.

    Also, I am well aware that the regression files have originally
    been intended for exactly that - regression testing. But that
    does not mean, that they are not useful for "end users" also,
    or for showcasing Blender features.

    In fact, as I tested each of the blend-files in the regression
    testing archive, I felt that those smaller example files were
    far more useful to me, in demonstrating certain features, than
    the complete larger Blender project files, which are currently
    on the demo files download page.

    Yes, the larger Blender demo files are beautiful and well
    representative of what Blender is capable of - but they are
    not very useful to those who are new to Blender.

    Therefore, I do not see how keeping these smaller example
    files together with the larger demo files, would come into
    opposition of having the larger demo files be presented
    any less prominently. Unless you are implying that their
    value is diminised by proximity to the smaller, less
    impressive examples.

    I will defer this to your judgment, especially since my
    humble. ;)

Cheers,
AgentSam