[Bf-webcontent] Support-page and demo files, proposed changes

AgentSam agentsam.blender-lists at aivomedia.com
Fri Apr 14 11:31:28 CEST 2017

DEMO FILES IN TWO LOCATIONS

    While I was browsing through the Blender website, looking for
    tutorials and demo files -- I noticed there are demo file
    downloads in two different locations.

    First, there's the very neat "Demo Files" page here:
    https://www.blender.org/download/demo-files/

    Second, there are a couple of other demo files, the
    "Regression Suite" and "Bullet Physics" archives, on the
    support page, here:
    https://www.blender.org/support/

MOVE TO THE SAME PAGE?

    I feel like all of these demo files should be kept in
    the same location; at the "Downloads > Demo Files" page.

    What do you think?

AFTER MOVING THE DEMO FILES...

    If the "regression suite" and "bullet physics" demo file
    download links are moved, the existing "Demo Files & FAQ"
    block on the support-page, will have to be rewritten.

    Also, some additional restructuring of the support page
    might be in order aswell. Here's a proposal:

    Before:
      http://imgur.com/fWJA8kU

    After:
      http://imgur.com/1iirrfq

    Proposed changes:
    - Move "professional support" and "community support"
      side by side.
    - Move "Report a Bug" block to bottom-right.
    - Move "FAQ & Demo Files" block to top-right.
    - Convert all headings to links, for consistency.
      - Documentation
        https://docs.blender.org/
      - Tutorials
        https://www.blender.org/support/tutorials/
        https://www.blender.org/support/faq/
      - Demo Files
        https://www.blender.org/download/demo-files/
      - Professional Support
        http://www.blendernetwork.org/
      - Community Support
        https://www.blender.org/support/user-community/
      - Report a Bug
        https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/

    And, of course, you would also need to add a new section to
    the "Demo Files" page, called "Regression Suite & Physics".

    Add appropriate thumbnails for the downloads, add links
    to the archives, provide a short description of their
    contents, and... I guess that'd be it.

ABOUT THE REGRESSION SUITE FILES...

    The regression suite demo files are very useful - but a bit
    outdated.

    It would be awesome, if they would be updated for the latest
    version of Blender, and additional regression files created
    for new features.

    These types of small example files are exactly what Blender
    beginners need.

Cheers,
AgentSam