[Bf-webcontent] Fwd: Tutorials

Gottfried Hofmann gottfried at blenderdiplom.com
Sat Feb 15 16:31:55 CET 2014

Hi,

well, I'm not sure about this.

1st: The tutorials are not about animation, but about simulating things
where the result is an animation. We had the problem before in the
animation section that most of the tutorials there where not about
animation (using keyframes, NLA etc) but about simulating things and the
result would be an animation.

2nd: There is just one short moment when the f-curve editor is shown in
the 1st tutorial and the tutor says "this looks all very complicated and
I have not figured it all out yet". I don't think this would sound good
in an animation tutorial

3rd: The author seems to have problems with both his audio and the
screencast. Especially the audio quality is really low.

4th: Everything on his website looks very amateurish :(

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Gottfried

On 02/15/2014 03:36 PM, Gottfried Hofmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> will review!
>
> Gottfried
>
> On 02/15/2014 03:29 PM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just FYI. No time to review it...
>>
>> -Ton-

>> Ton Roosendaal  - ton at blender.org <mailto:ton at blender.org>   -
>> www.blender.org <http://www.blender.org>
>> Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
>> Entrepotdok 57A  -  1018AD Amsterdam  -  The Netherlands
>>

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> *From: *John Montgomery <gungyjohn at gmail.com <mailto:gungyjohn at gmail.com>>
>>> *Subject: **Tutorials*
>>> *Date: *14 February, 2014 17:55:44 CET
>>> *To: *foundation at blender.org <mailto:foundation at blender.org>
>>>
>>> Dear Blender Foundation:
>>>
>>> Hello, I was looking at the tutorial page on Blender.org
>>> <http://Blender.org>, and I noticed that there weren’t many tutorials
>>> in the Animation section.
>>>
>>> I would like to be involved in Blender training, and I have created
>>> several tutorials on the topic of animation. You can find them on my
>>> website /theanicad.com <http://theanicad.com/>/. Here are two example
>>> tutorials:
>>>
>>> http://www.theanicad.com/apps/videos/videos/show/18431576-create-realistic-animated-water
>>>

>>> http://www.theanicad.com/apps/videos/videos/show/18410734-animate-grass