[Bf-webcontent] "dotted semitransparent background image" in the header terribly slows my FF...

Daniel Schalla d.schalla at be-untitled.eu
Thu Sep 19 12:18:52 CEST 2013

Hi Marco & Dan,

I think the problem is not that the site uses
background's radial-gradient, rather that it doesn't have any fallback
solutions.

I can recommend using the CSS3 Gradient Generator, which sets up everything
proper, also with fallbacks: http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

On that way older browsers should get a proper view. On the opposite,
maybe use
modernizr to find out the browser version and set a class to avoid this.

Concerning the choppyness Dan descriped, I would count on the Slider. A
huge slider
uses really some CPU usage. That is my expierence with many sites I
programmed
some sliders, shouldn't have something to do with CSS Problem.

Maybe a preloader would reduce that, unsure.

Best Regards,
Daniel