[Bf-webcontent] last points to add when setting up dev

Pablo Vazquez venomgfx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:46:57 CEST 2013

As far as Internet Explorer concerns, we're only going to support version
10. This doesn't mean that 9 won't work at all, is just that no special
code will be written or specific images made for it to look the same than
say in webkit or gecko.

On the past year, the 5 top browsers visiting Blender.org were:

1. Chrome = 42.63%
2. Firefox = 29.10%
3. Safari = 12.50%
4. Internet Explorer = 10.47%
5. Opera = 3.02%

Within IE's 10%, almost 60% is using version 10. This percentage is based
on the last 3 months and keeps growing compared to the last two or past
month.

Chrome/Chromium and Firefox have rapid release cycles so we can support
many versions, I'd say we could focus on those released during the last 18
months? I bet it will still work with many older ones but this is just to
have a margin.

--
Pablo Vazquez
CG Artist - Blender Foundation Certified Trainer
Email: contact at pablovazquez.org
Website: pablovazquez.org <http://www.pablovazquez.org>