[Bf-webcontent] about b.org forums removed?

marco ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Wed Nov 6 14:19:43 CET 2013

I think this move is not so good, as it is now: users searching support
forums face this writing:

<<The forums at blender.org are no longer the primary focus for using or
developing Blender.  Since other sites and resources now serve the forum
communities better, the b.org forums can be shut down as no longer needed.>>

And <<Blender development has also grown and is now conducted mainly on
IRC, the bf-committers mailing list and various blogs.>>

And they are left with the only option to search a support forum themselves

<<There is now an active user community at BlenderArtists.org, for
example. >>

I agree that that is a very active forum, but
- it's not under direct blender foundation control, it's a private site.
- many could think that the suggested community is dedicated to
"artists"... but there's quite everything about blender topics (& off) there
- there were active threads/topics there... (I just went there yesterday)
- all the past thread/posts content could be still useful, anyway... now
it's all lost?

This doesn't completerly make sense, to me. So, the website could state
also that

<<"news" about blender are delegated to other active blog and sites,
like blendernation.com, for example>>

... ?

just my 2c
--
*Marco *

[Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
(L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]