[Bf-webcontent] Some consistency mistakes, IMHO

Fateh Slavitskaya fateh at urchn.org
Wed Nov 6 02:27:55 CET 2013

Congratulations on taking the new site live :)

Agree that it would be nice to add GNU to the Linux download tab.

But on the tagline point, while "open" shouldn't be used as a default
replacement for "free", it's not in itself a bad word that we have to
avoid. I find the rhetoric there to be nice and effective, clearly
identifying as free software. Saying both free and open works for
emphasis and to combat the ambiguity in english of the word
"free" (cost/liberty). It addresses people who might be more familiar
with the language of open source and not already versed in what "free
software" means apart from price, and is the most functional/inclusive
wording. I often have to communicate with people about these issues, and
for what it's worth, I always thought it was a great line!

Under the Donations and Sponsors block of
http://www.blender.org/get-involved/ I'd like to hyperlink the existing
references to donations page and e-shop.

Francesco, unless I used the wrong pass, my staging wordpress account
might not have transferred to the live site? If you want to set me up,
I'll continue to do tweaks.

Fateh