[Bf-webcontent] Some consistency mistakes, IMHO

Nkansah Rexford nkansahrexford at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 01:49:35 CET 2013

I hope there's a clear difference between Open Source and Free Softwares.
Not all Free Softwares are Open Sourced.

The "100%" attached is what I think appears to be an overkill.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Jorge Araya Navarro <elcorreo at deshackra.com
> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm very happy to see the new face of Blender 3D's website. However, I
> notice just two consistency mistakes on the website.
>
> The first one is related to the phrase: "Blender is 3D creation for
> everyone, free to use for any purpose. Free Software, great community,
> and 100% open". the last term "100% open" is already covered by the term
> "Free Software", so we already are saying that Blender is Free Software,
> software that you can use for whatever you want to (already said in the
> first sentence, btw), available for you to modify and redistribute (for
> free, and that is another thing already covered in the first sentence
> too).
> So I propose to change the redundant term ", and 100% open." to ", and
> powerful." or something alike.
>
> Another consistency mistake that I notice is on the Download section of
> the website. The download tab for GNU/Linux says "Linux" instead of
> "GNU/Linux", which I suggest to say that instead of what we can read
> there now.
>
> Tux looks alone, why not place a GNU behind him? I know that it is a
> webfont(?) or something alike, but I suggest to add the GNU behind Tux
> just for the sake of completeness and consistency.
>
> Thanks! :D
>
> --
> Pax et bonum

+Rexford <https://plus.google.com/+Nkansahrexford> | +CG