[Bf-webcontent] Re-activating list

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Mon May 16 19:49:36 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

thansk for the suggestions!

On 16 May 2011 16:13, Peter Carrero <peter.carrero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, Luca,
>
> Do you mean to have an automated redirect with regex or a manual
> 1-to-1 cross-reference between the 2 sites?

I've meant to say "manual 1-to-1 cross-reference between the 2 sites" :)

I know it's a lot of work but it's just a matter of patience.

The simple reason is: I'd really like to use the ranking gained by
those pages in all these years, in the hope that searche engine will
sum the rankings.

> If we do google searches for blender and texture, materials, rigging,
> etc, the wiki links seems to consistently show up higher than that the
> d.b.o links (and sometimes the d.b.o links don't even show).

I get opposite results, but agree it can be random.

Try a simple search for "blender extrude".
I get:
- www.blender.org/documentation/htmlI/x2740.html as 7th result of the first page
- http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Tutorials/Modeling/Curves/Extrude
Along Path as last result of the 2nd page
- http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.4/Py/Scripts/Add/Horn-Extrude
5th on the 3rd page

We used this example at the blender conf doc round table and people
couldn't believe their eyes :)

Of course the paragraph title "Extrusion" at
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Editing/Basics#Extrusion
doesn't help, but still the word "extrude" is there in the page, but
for some reason the page is very badly ranked.

If some way we can associate the well known (by google)
www.blender.org/documentation/htmlI/x2740.html to
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Editing/Basics
possibly this will increase that wiki page ranking.

But, I'm no SEO expert so any advice is more than welcome :)

Regards,
Luca