[Bf-webcontent] no more flickering

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Tue Mar 1 23:21:50 CET 2005

The
#mainmenu ul li ul li:hover { display: inline-block; }
is needed for opera 7.x older then 7.5x to open the dropdown but may
#mainmenu ul li ul li:hover { display: list-item; }
seems to work too and could looking better on Safari:
http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/org/

This style is very tricky, it is need for opera >7.5x, with display:
block; it causes flickering in FireFox and with inline-block it
generates brakes in Safari.

With #mainmenu ul li ul li:hover { display: list-item; } here anything
runs smooth on IE 6, Opera 7.x and Firefox. hoping this will be nice for
  Safari too :)

IE 5.x on Mac is not so much used, most Mac users using Safari or
FireFox now. So i think IE 5 on Mac could be ignored.

Bart Veldhuizen schrieb:

 > Hi Bart,
 > I the optionSplit only works inside Typo's menuitems, so I couldn't
get it to work on the top lever wraps. I finally gave up and added the
following line to the menu items CSS:
 >         #topnav_528    ul li {margin-left: -72px;}
 > The eshop now works ok in firefox and safari, but it breaks in IE6.
 > I also found that the following line breaks the :hover in the
dropdown menus in Safari:
 > #mainmenu ul li ul li:hover { display: inline-block; }
 > I didn't need it for either firefox or safari, so do you think we can
drop it?
 > IE5 still behaves very badly on OSX; the page loads, but *very*
slowly. Does anyone here have an idea what causes it?