[Bf-webcontent] System Requirements

Johannes Langlotz johannes.langlotz at gmx.de
Thu Feb 10 22:00:11 CET 2005

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:
> Looks good to me, although most sections look suspiciously much like the
> others ;-)

yes, if the hardware reqs of irix and sun similar too, i will change it
to something like that:

HARDWARE:
     CPU...
     RAM...
     HARDDISK
     etc.

SYSTEM:
     Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP
     MAC OS X 10.2 10.3
     Linux 2.2.5
     ..
     .

> Just a few things I noticed:
>
> - maybe the recommended display of 1600x1200 is a bit too much, this may
> scare people away. I would say 1024x768 32 bits recommended. This also
> correlates directly to the amount of RAM on the videocards, right?

yes 1600 is too much. how about min. 1024x768 and 1280x1024 recommended?
or we should left out all the recommendations! everybody knows: the more
the better

> - why the 40MB diskspace? Is that to store Blender itself and some work?

yes. should be changed to "400mb of free hard disc space" or left out
completely

> It would be nice if we could find someone to fill in the blanks for
> Solaris, Iris and FreeBSD...

i think the FreeBSD Reqs are similar to the linux ones, because it runs
on the same CPUs.

Johannes