[Bf-webcontent] Tutorials

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Sun Sep 19 16:13:15 CEST 2004

Op 18-sep-04 om 18:24 heeft Johannes Langlotz het volgende geschreven:

>> Also, I saw that our tutorial section sometimes suffers from
>> link-rot. It might be a good idea to contact the tutorial autors and
>> ask them for their permission to keep a local copy of their tutorial
>> so that we can publish it after it goes offline for some reason. Does
>> that make sense?
>
> if we would have a copy on blender3d.org it would also look much
> cleaner!

Of course, as long as the original tutorial is online, we won't have to
host it (unless people would like us to). I think most people like
maintaining their website :) The idea is to have a fallback solution
for when tutorials are lost.

>> Finally, I wonder if there are any issues about the typo3 CMS. Is the
>> current implementation still good enough, or do we need some
>> modifications?
>
> the only reason to update typo3 is that the old search engine doesn't
> work with 3.6.0
> but the new engine works well.

Yeah. I'm not too happy with the Indexed Search engine - I think that
Mnogosearch (the one we use now) is much nicer..

> there are some interesting extensions for typo3! e.g. RDF newsfeed
> export! this extension can export an rdf-xml file for the quite new
> rss readers. (Mozilla Thunderbird 0.8, Mozilla Firefox 1.0PR, Safari
> RSS). Bart, what do you think? I would like to do some test on that.
> but you are the master and you would have the trouble to install
> this....

No problem. However, we first need to have some real *news*!  This is
something Ton and I have been discussing over dinner this week. The
idea is not finished yet, but I'm currently looking into tt_news (the
latest version of which has RSS export as of today). As soon as the
ideas are getting more solid, I'll be in touch here.

> BTW: can you give me access to the release logs section?

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. This is a section that is being
maintained by Ton and the coders. Why not just make the page and ask
Ton or me to move it for you?

Cheers,

Bart