[Bf-webcontent] Re: Spam to the links section

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Nov 16 13:09:54 CET 2004

Hi,

Doug showed me a couple yes, very weird. You might try to contact the
people behind these website sumbissions, with a message like;

--------------
Dear xxx,

We have received your submission to get linked on blender3d.org.
Unfortunately we cannot accept the link, since your website
(apparently) has no relationship with Blender.
Please let us know why you prefer to be linked?

Note; if this link submission wasn't done by your company, but on
behalf of you by a third party, we would appreciate you to notify them
to stop doing it. Our website is being maintained by volunteers, and we
cannot afford the extra work of 'fake' submissions.

With kind regards,

With a little luck one of these companies will give us some info what
goes on... if this really goes out of control, we could try to find in
the weblogs who actually did this submission, and just block the domain
from accessing blender3d.org.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org