[Bf-webcontent] Compression

Glen Moyes metsys at icubenetwork.com
Tue Nov 16 04:43:54 CET 2004

>If a generic zip algorithm that's designed to compress anything can do
>better, then you need to recompress your videos.

Yeah, I compressed it using the windows DivX codec. Since I havn't
registered it the slowest (and best) compression setting isn't
available. I'm still toying around with encoding the initial rip in a
format that transcode can recognize. Size would improve then. I'm still
working on better ways to capture and encode video until I can get
Xvidcap working.

In the mean time I'm going to work on improving the way I make the
tutorials as far as compression, frame rate, DVD safe, etc.

I also got a suggestion that we should put a link to VLC on the video
tutorials page so that people can play these files.

- Glen