[Bf-webcontent] Re: Webcontent mailing list: the stuff I missed

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Fri Nov 12 09:23:42 CET 2004

Hi Glen,

there were two messages so far; one of them was mine ;-)

---
For your information. I have asked Glen to work with us to improve the
integration into the website. For example, I don't like the fact that
we now have a 'tutorials' and a 'video tutorials' section - they're
both tutorials. Also, we should try to have a more consistent layout.

But those are just details - the content is pretty darn cool !

Bart
---

I didn't notice the video tuts until recently, but if I knew who
maintained them we could integrate them into the main tutorials section
I think.

-Compman

---

There are two issues with how the sections are now set up:

1) the new section is hard to find for users; the link 'tutorials' on
the homepage of blender3d.org does not show video tutorials.

2) the two layouts are inconsistent, which is confusing on a
subconscious level for users because they both deal with tutorials
(albeit different kinds of tutorials) so you would 'expect' them to
look the same.

I think that what we should do is integrate the two sections; as a
suggestion to this group, this could be done in the following way:

1) first, simply add the video tutorials to the existing tutorial
categories, but label them as 'video' as well. Our tutorial archiving
system supports this. In this way, you could get, say, a modeling
tutorial section with subsections beginner, intermediate, advanced and
video.

2) add a separate tutorial subsection that lists all the video
tutorials. this page would have sub sections for all the regular
tutorial categories: modeling, animation, materials etc.

What do other people think about this?

Bart

Op 11-nov-04 om 10:15 heeft Glen Moyes het volgende geschreven: