[Bf-webcontent] Getting back lost tutorials

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Sun Nov 7 11:40:42 CET 2004

Hi,

hurrah! We can retrieve lost tutorials by using the Wayback Machine on
www.archive.org. For example, the IceMan's Pencil tutorial is no longer
available online, but we can still grab it from this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://205.152.62.12/gruff/pencil/

So, the real question now is: these people may no longer be reachable,
but many of these tutorials are invaluable. Do we need their permission
before we publish this content on blender3d.org, or is it reasonable to
salvage it, add a note at the top of each of these copies on
blender3d.org ('This tutorial was no longer available online, but has
been salvaged using www.archive.org. If you are the original author and
you object to this, please concact us <link>').

I strongly feel that since we are not claiming ownership of these
tutorials, it should be okay to do the latter. What do you think? Ton -
what's your opinion about this?

Cheers,

Bart