[Bf-webcontent] Download page

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Thu May 13 22:21:48 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 14:34, doug+mud-puddle.co.nz at mud-puddle.co.nz
wrote:
> well currently my section (websites)  are all multiple languages and each
> basicly has different content.

Multiple language or content about different countries? There's a
difference ;-) Currently we don't have languages other than English on
the website and we shouldn't change that now..

> so perhaps as content were intergrated then it becomes an option (i think this
> is around the one tree approach)
>
> i do like the idea of having different content based on the languages, however
> the main pages i would guess would be straight mirrors of each other.  which
> raises the question do you hide the extra content from other users or do you
> let them filter it out by themselves? (e.g. place their chosen language at the
> top.  i.e. websites section is defaulted to english at the top, whereas an
> italian might want italian stuff at the top)

I think what you would basically get is two different models of website:
* For the 1-page model: different subsites for each language:
fr.blender3d.org, de.blender3d.org etc.

* For the 2-page model: one website with a language switch option.

I'm not sure if it would be possible (or if it would make sense!) to
have a hybrid form of the two..

Bart