[Bf-webcontent] Download page

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Thu May 13 09:25:02 CEST 2004

Hi Joe,

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 23:38, Johannes Langlotz wrote:

> perhaps it is not the right time to talk about the multi-language things
> right now, but I would like to know which concept do you prefer? The
> "Two-Tree" concept or the new "one-tree-fits-all-languages" concept?
>
> http://typo3.org/1220.0.html

I'm not sure about that yet. The two-tree approach would give each
language group more freedom to add their own content and structure, but
that might also be confusing for the visitor. The one-tree approach
would allow the visitor to switch the language of a given page - a
feature that I find quite interesting.

The one-tree approach also has a nice integration into the backend - you
can see two languages side by side and work on the translation.

Please bear in mind though that the discussion about supporting multiple
languages hasn't even started yet! While I think it has its merits, it
will also place an additional burden on the organization. Still, it's
nice to dream about it :)

Cheers,

Bart