[Bf-webcontent] Download page

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sat May 8 18:15:08 CEST 2004

On 8 May 2004, at 7:11 PM, Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

> The layout is not too good yet, but it show the concept well.
>
> Matt - how do you feel about these things? Do you have alternative
> suggestions that we could implement without a complete redesign?

Erm, I don't think it would make a great deal of sense to have these
images on the download page - seems rather arbitrary (i.e. what have
these links got to do with downloading Blender?)

OTOH, I can't offer any solutions of my own for this other than
directing people to the homepage instead of the download page, and/or
considering this for the information architecture of the
redesign/integration. I've got my computer back from repairs now, so my
docs will be coming in a matter of days, honest! :) Frankly, I'm not
willing to spend any more energy on the current site - I'd rather get
the new integrated one up as soon as possible and fix these issues at
the core, rather than tacking on bits and pieces to the current
(spaghetti) site.

So if you want to add anything, feel free - my job right now is to make
whatever work you do redundant, by trying to get the plans for this new
site in motion :)

Cheers

Matt