[Bf-webcontent] Re: Bf-webcontent digest, Vol 1 #12 - 1 msg

Andrew Kator akator at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 17:32:23 CEST 2004

On Apr 23, 2004, at 6:00 AM, bf-webcontent-request at blender.org wrote:

> I'd keep the sitemap also where it is now. Most of the information
> should already be accessible by the menus and IMO the current menu
> setup
> is OK.

I agree with everyone who has stated to leave it where it is.  Two
reasons:

(1) In the design world, we consider the need for such a resource to be
the tool of tech weenies who can't design a easy-to-use, well planned
website to save their lives. *Designers* feel that if a website it
properly designed, a site map is unnecessary.  Look at the big sites
that are professionally designed by people with design backgrounds and
you won't find prominent site maps, if one at all.

(2) The website is currently easy-to-use.  There isn't any need for a
prominently located site map.

- Andrew