[Bf-viewport] New Eevee manual fix required: generated mapping issue fixed for Eevee

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 15:03:44 CEST 2017

Hi there,

It's been a week before we managed to potentially break all existing
sample files. A week too long as it seems.

Eevee had a bug (T52528) when handling generated texture coordinates
(i.e., orco - what you get when nothing is connected to a Vector
input). After the fix we now have the same result as Cycles in those
cases.

If you want the exactly same behaviour as before:

* UV texture coordinates: No worry, nothing changed here.

* Texture Coordinate > "Generated" output: Use the "Object" output instead.

* Disconnected "Vector" input, add a "Texture Coordinate, and connect
the "Object" output to it.
(e.g., Checker Texture Node)

We won't be using this list to keep track of when anything changes.
But since this was broken since early June, and potentially affect
many files, it doesn't hurt to announce here.

Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto
www.dalaifelinto.com