[Bf-viewport] New Eevee manual fix required and follow up on unifying eevee and principled nodes

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 18:29:57 CEST 2017

Hi,

This is a follow up to the "Unified Principled BSDF and Eevee PBR"
email thread. As of now we have the following:

* Eevee and Cycles use the same Node output now.

* Eevee's Metallic node is no longer with us.

* For old fies we are converting it to the Principled node.

* Transparency is then no longer a slider, so you will need to add Mix
Shader and Transparency BSDF nodes.

* Similar to Emission. But in this case use an Add Shader with the
Emission BSDF nodes.

* Ambient Occlusion was working for the metallic node, but it's not
for the principle shader. It was intended for baked AO only. So for
now wait for a proper solution.

* Stay away from the Eevee Specular node. We may handle old files less
nicely when it comes the time to get rid of it.

[1] - https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-viewport/2017-June/000316.html

Have a great weekend,
Dalai
--