[Bf-viewport] Blender 2.8 direction

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 16:55:05 CEST 2017

Hi Carlo,
Just adding to Brecht's reply.

You can read some of the pending design tasks here:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/DrawManager/Possibilities

But as he mentioned we still need to address the usability we had from
the old draw modes in a way that contemplates the potential of the new
tools.
In other words we need a way for artists to quickly setup the
visualization for the task at hand. And this is one of the focus of
the project now.

(Same goes for collections, topbar, workspaces, ...)

And all that is before talking about wireframes specifically, and
whether or not they are the best solution for the problem we have.

Regards,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto