[Bf-viewport] Blender 2.8 direction

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Aug 15 16:45:49 CEST 2017

There will be some solution to this, so that you can have Cycles selected
as the render engine while using wireframes/clay/eevee in other viewports.
However there has been no decision on how it will work exactly.

Personally I think the right solution is to keep the draw modes concept as
it exists in 2.7x, but adding to and improving the available modes. And
then leaving the render engine choice to set the output target, controlling
which renderer is used when pressing F12 and which panels and buttons are
relevant in the UI.