[Bf-viewport] Viewport: User Interface proposal

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 02:15:01 CEST 2016

@Jacob,

Floating UI panels for VR interaction (i remember you asking about
this a couple of times) could be drawn even with current viewport,
that's not the problem. The problem is designing the interactions,
reading the pointing device input and making our event pipeline map it
correctly to the interface handling code. All of this has nothing to
do with the viewport and is it's own project.

As for the idea of a plane with a UV mapped UI on it, I've seen you
proposing this a couple of times too. To make it short: It's an overly
complicated approach for something that could be solved much easier
and less abstract. It isn't related to the viewport project either.

Cheers,
- Julian -