[Bf-viewport] 2.77 OGL requirement seems to break renderfarm job submission (possible?)

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri May 13 21:41:36 CEST 2016

Hi Adam,

It's unlikely this is related to the viewport, if you run blender with
-b it doesn't create a window or OpenGL context. This error indicates
an issue with Python, which was upgraded to version 3.5 in Blender
2.77:

Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard streams

It could be that you have another Python installation that is somehow
conflicting with Blender. The PYTHONPATH environment variable might
also have something to do with it, if it's set in one context but not
another.

Regards,
Brecht.