[Bf-viewport] Viewport - what is it actually

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:27:50 CEST 2016

Hello Hewi,

Information about the viewport project can be found on its wiki page[1]. In
general, this targets the viewport drawing modes that aren't the rendered
viewport. It is not a replacement for Cycles, but it in the future, a
RenderEngine based on the viewport drawing logic may be created (possibly
as a BI replacement). The goal is to make previewing (and the general user
experience) better (workflow improvements, faster rendering, etc.).

-- Mitchell Stokes

[1] https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Viewport