[Bf-viewport] Rendering to a cubemap

Clément FOUCAULT foucault.clem at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 18:13:48 CET 2016

Hi there i'm clément foucault the dev who brought to you the PBR branch

http://www.clement-foucault.com/#blender_pbr

I'm making progress with features but one things that limits me is the
sampling of the environment.
For now I am plugging the world node tree inside each shader that contains
a brdf node and sample inside the node_shader_gpu_tex_environment function.
This is sub-optimal in numerous ways and not very clean.

To overcome this I must render the environment world tree result to an
Envmap (Preferably a Cubemap). I need help designing the rendering and the
storing (in memory, not to disk) of such cubemap.

I've already done a preliminary handling of Cubemap textures inside the PBR
branch V0.1 But I think I never pushed it to github (damn). So I'll be
integrating it inside my 0.2 branch soon. It only handles the uploading of
cubemaps to the gpu not the rendering.

If anyone knowledgeable in this field could help me I would be very
thankful.