[Bf-viewport] PBR Build

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:51:19 CET 2016

CC'ing my response on blenderartists.org:

Freaking awesome! I don't know where to begin...

Clément is your branch updated with the latest GL 2.1 changes in master?
Nothing too disruptive there right now, but I anticipate big changes to GL
drawing code in the near future. Let's work together to get these results
in Blender itself. I'll start looking at your GitHub repos & see if the
code is as hacky as you describe :).

Also, Intel GPUs aren't as crap as they were 5+ years ago. HD 4000 and
newer should be supported by anything in "official" Blender. There's even a
proposal to support the HD 3000 in Blender 2.8 even though it doesn't quite
handle OpenGL 3.2. I'm on the fence about that one but it's worth noting.

-- Mike Erwin