[Bf-viewport] Preliminary slides

Paul Geraskin paulgeraskin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 10:02:57 CEST 2015

Hi.

I would like to ask some questions about the new viewport:

1) Will the new viewport have Deffered Shading? Most modern game/3d
modeling engines have Defered Shading.
We will get thousangs of lights sources which can be used. Here is example
from jMonkey engine of about 2000 lights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vooznqE-XMM
And DS can other good advanced things. This is modern.
Will Blender viewport have DS?

2) OpenGL/GLSL Instances:
http://www.learnopengl.com/img/advanced/instancing_asteroids.png
http://www.learnopengl.com/#!Advanced-OpenGL/Instancing
It will require OpenGL 3.1 as minimum requirement but we can get super
performance for Group Instances in Blender Viewport.
Will we have this?

3) Possibility to add custom filters to the new Viewport? For example if i
want to add my custom GLSL post filter as For/Glow/Bloom/SSAO etc...

4) Shader based edges?
According to this issue: https://developer.blender.org/T44505
It would be cool to have possibility to switch to shader based accurate
edges.
As we have some issues with modeling
https://dev-files.blender.org/file/data/nz66wuov5mwhmjsyx7k7/PHID-FILE-tslauhqruiaz3irpygz6/mpf4qur7i6vlg6we/cache0.png

Can we expect these features in the new viewport?

Thanks.

--
Hello World!