[Bf-vfx] Motion Tracking: which tracker used

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 20:23:55 CEST 2015

Hey,

Nice to see developers interested in the motion tracker! :)

For the actual tracking we're using planar region tracker, which is
implemented in track_region.cc [1], which is being use via automated
pipeline. Input for this tracker is based on kalman's filter, which does
rough prediction of the next coordinate and then tracker will either refine
the predicted coordinate using Ceres least square minimizer with a motion
model selected by user. If if kalman's prediction wasn't good enough then
the planar region tracker will invoke brute initialization which is based
on classical SAD tracker and then will refine it to subpixel precision,

Let me know if you've got more questions about how motion tracking is
implemented in Blender.

[1]
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/extern/libmv/libmv/tracking/track_region.cc

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 8:29 PM, <andi.wen.er at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I am new to blender develepement and would like to contribute to the
> motion tracking,
> so I have the following question:
> Which region tracker is used in the final blender release?
> As I can not find any setting in blender, I guess that only one is used.
> In the code however
> I can see multiple trackers implemented.
>
> Andi

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin