[Bf-vfx] Improving the 2D stabilization tool :: Review

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Sat Jun 7 04:44:06 CEST 2014

Am 07.06.2014 03:20, schrieb Sean Kennedy:
> Do I read correctly that you've already introduced scale stabilizing?

yes.
A jerky hand-zoom gets compensated, and I can then add a super smooth
zoom via the automation. Same idea for panning. Stabilizer moves
the image out of frame, but we can bring it back by animating
the target position parameter, and by doing so, we create a
smooth panning movement. All of this happens at the level of
stabilization parameters, i.e. before any transformations are
actually applied to the image. Thus we circumvent the
limitation of the canvas size.

Note that this is an experimental patch. Sergej will do a review
and probably we'll have to do some changes etc. Also note that
the mentioned automation stuff is not yet fully operational
in the compositor. I am currently chasing the reason why...

you get the idea :-)

Cheers,
Hermann