[Bf-vfx] Improving the 2D stabilization tool :: Demo Video

Sean Kennedy mack_dadd2 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 01:19:36 CEST 2014

I was up in Vancouver at Siggraph last week, so I've only gotten a chance to watch this video today.
Really nice! Very impressive work, and Blender has definitely been needing some kind of scaling stabilization since stabilizing was introduced. I'd love to see these tools get into trunk. It's great that you took some good, real world video to demo on, video with all the problems typical stabilization projects run in to.
Are the keyframes you set in the Expected position tool panel viewable in the curve editor? I imagine they are, just want to make sure.
This is really useful, and definitely makes the stabilizer much more powerful. This, along with Bjorn's (sunboy) add-on ( http://sonneo.blogspot.de/2014/08/better-video-stabilization-in-blender.html ), make Blender's stabilizer one of the best available anywhere.
Now if only there was an auto-stabilize button! (just kidding!)
Sean