[Bf-vfx] Improving the 2D stabilization tool :: Demo Video

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Fri Aug 8 18:09:33 CEST 2014

Hello all,

maybe you'll recall that roughly a month or two ago I've proposed some changes
and additions to the 2D video stabilisation tool in Blender. A review process
was started and I've found and nailed out some additional bugs while using the
reworked version myself.

While I have several things in mind which could be improved next, in the current
shape I consider this proposed new version roughly complete, feature-wise.
Automation of the stabilisation parameters and track weights runs smooth now,
and also the display in the compositor nodes or in the movie clip editor works
as expected IMHO.

In the last days, I've done a demonstration video to explain the new features
and show the stabiliser in action. My hope is this might also help with the
further discussion, since this way you might get a better impression of the
stuff we're talking about. Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/blenderHack/stabilizerdemo

PS: The demo scene used for the theoretical part of that video is available at
https://github.com/Ichthyostega/blender/raw/stabilizer_demo/stabilizerDemo.blend

See also this documentation page with the description and specification
https://github.com/Ichthyostega/Blender/wiki

The link for the Review-process is here
https://developer.blender.org/D583

Cheers,