[Bf-vfx] Plane Track (and more) small features request

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 00:01:29 CEST 2013

Hi Sergey et al,

I compiled a list of small "features" that would make tracking better in my
humble artistic opinion. The bugs I'll report directly on the tracker (one
there already ;).

1) Once I create the Plane Track there is no way to update it by changing
the markers/tracking them for more frames. Which means the four corners I
so carefully pinpointed are now lost forever.

2) [related to #5] Option to auto-update the planar tracker while I'm
editing the markers (otherwise it gets really hard to track vertices after
they move off-screen).

3) An option to start the Planar Tracker with the four vertices matching
the four trackers would be nice (this should be super simple, I can try to
tackle it myself).

Not related to Plane Track:
===========================
4) Allow for multiple selection of markers in graph view (to delete/clean
them, when using "Detect Features"

5) [related to #4] Allow for 'C'ircle selection in Graph mode.

6) 3D Viewport snap on markers (any markers) - just like we have for
empties now. Note: it's to snap mesh/geometry to the markers (also it may
be relative simple, it can be tackled by someone else)

. . .

I'm studying the (great) 'Track, Match & Blend' throughly, so more may come
later. By the way I ran those by Sebastian Konig and he was very found of
#1 and #6 in particular.

It would be nice to hear from the rest of the Tracking module team what
your  thoughts are on that.

Many thanks and have fun ;)
Dalai
--