[Bf-vfx] Mango Samples with ACES via rrt_sRGB

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Sun May 20 05:37:09 CEST 2012

On May 19, 2012 6:50 PM, "Brecht Van Lommel" <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be>
wrote:

> The LMT should be applied on both the footage and renders, after
> compositing. If we apply it before they wouldn't be both in the same
> linear space.

It will remain linear and in the same working space. A working space is a
working space.

It simply pushes the linear values around and the RRT / ODT interprets
those values under the assumption that value foobar represents CIE Standard
Observer point foobarCIE.

The issue would be either A) Failing to ingest assets with attention to the
chromaticity / linearity of the working space or B) bypassing known
standards via output transforms.

For example, viewing and swizzling channels under a chromatically accurate
sRGB transform from a known space on an uncalibrated monitor would be
worthless.

With respect,
TJS